Dog Boarding Terms and Conditions
All bookings, either confirmed or pending are subject to Canine & Co’s Terms and Conditions. Submission of a Booking Form constitutes acceptance of these terms and your continued use of our services confirms your acceptance of the terms in force each time you use Canine & Co.
The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between ‘you’ the owner, Canine & Co and the chosen carer ‘the carer’.
- Bookings are not confirmed until the deposit has been paid, which is due at the time of submitting the Booking Form. You agree to make all future bookings through Canine & Co and agree not to contact carers directly to confirm availability or arrange boarding. You also agree that you will not accept any offer of a stay from any of our carers without having booked through Canine & Co.
- Once the booking deposit has been paid to Canine & Co, you agree to pay your carer their independent fee directly and at the beginning of the stay – cash is preferred (negotiable with the individual carer).
- You confirm that you agree that if you cancel your booking for whatever reason, your deposit is non–refundable.
- You agree to return the forms and pay the deposit within 10 days of your initial enquiry. You understand that provisional bookings are not accepted. Canine & Co cannot be held responsible for keeping bookings open any longer than ten days without contact.
- All dogs must be up to date with their vaccinations, worming, tick and flea treatments. You must provide the carer with the vaccination booklet at the start of each board. You further agree to deliver you dog in a clean condition.
- The minimum stay is 2 days at the daily rate and 7 days during peak season.
- Once you have been given your carer’s details, you can make an appointment to visit the carer with your dog prior to your dog’s holiday. This pre-visit must have a mutually satisfactory outcome before your dog’s stay is confirmed with the said carer.
- You confirm that you agree to contact the Canine & Co within 3 days of meeting your carer if you are unhappy for any reason. You must meet your carer at the carer’s home in order to ‘reject’ the carer.
- In the event of any emergency if the carer is unable to proceed with the board we will endeavour to transfer the board to another carer. We reserve the right at our discretion to cancel the booking and refund your deposit without any liability to Canine & Co.
- If you collect your dog before the confirmed end date of the board you will not receive a refund.
- Canine & Co is not subject to Distance Selling Regulations. By paying your deposit you are confirming your booking and therefore entering a legal contract with Canine & Co subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Your Dog Details
- You agree to provide full, honest and detailed information in the Booking Form about your dog/s and agree to our terms and conditions. During your continued use of Canine & Co services you agree to keep us informed of any changes to your dog/s Booking Form. Failure on your part to disclose any matter whether material fact or not, which in our view might render your dog unsuitable for boarding with the carer or to use this home boarding service will amount to breach of conditions and termination of your dog’s stay without refund.
- We are unable to accept dogs with aggression problems towards other dogs or people and subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
- We are happy to accept bookings for un-spayed bitches, however if you believe your dog is due in season during her board you must inform us. If the chosen carer is not happy to accept your bitch in season we will endeavour to transfer the booking to another carer. Please be aware that we will make every effort to protect your un-spayed bitch from unwanted male attention, but cannot be held responsible for any accidents that may occur and may result in an unwanted pregnancy. If we are unable to accommodate your un-spayed bitch we will cancel your booking.
- You confirm your dog is non-aggressive. Should it show aggressive tendencies towards the dog carer or their family, you accept that he/she will be placed in a dog boarding kennel until your return and that this will be subject to a transfer charge of £20.00 which will be payable by yourself upon your return. There will be no refund of the boarding fees you have paid to Canine & Co and any additional fees charged by the kennels will be payable by you.
- You have disclosed any known dangers associated with your dog.
- You confirm that you agree should your dog’s behaviour become uncontrollable, destructive or unreasonable, you accept that he/she will be placed in a dog boarding kennel until your return and that this will be subject to a transfer charge of £20.00 which will be payable by yourself upon your return. There will be no refund of the boarding fees you have paid to Canine & Co and any additional fees charged by the kennels will be payable by you. In addition, you agree to pay the cost of any damage caused by your dog to the carer’s home.
- If you prefer/agree to your dog being exercised off lead, please note the booking form accordingly. In doing so you accept responsibility for third party liability.
- Canine & Co will care for your dog as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your dog/s is cared for to our usual high standards we cannot be liable for loss, injury or death either inside or outside of the carer’s home whilst in our care.
- You agree that not all our carer’s are expected to accept dog’s that insist on sleeping on the carer’s bed at night. If your dog requires close contact at night please ask and a suitable carer will be provided where available.
- Canine & Co agency and approved carers expect total honesty regarding your dog’s behaviour before your dog’s stay. If you or your dog’s carer are worried about how your dog will settle in a trial stay is recommended (minimum two days or one over-night) at the standard rate.
- Your dog is expected to be under control at all times, trained and not over boisterous in the home.
- You confirm that you are the legal owner of your dog.
- You confirm that your dog has not been ill with any contagious disease or condition within the past 30 days and that your dog has received all the necessary vaccinations.
- You understand that under no circumstances will Canine & Co be liable for consequential damages or damages beyond the replacement value of your dog.
- Canine & Co and / or the carer will use all care to ensure the happiness, safety and welfare of your dog/s. If however your dog becomes unwell or has an accident during his board we will take him to a Veterinary Surgery. You agree for Canine & Co, your carer and advice from a qualified veterinary surgeon to make any decisions regarding your dog’s health/welfare, providing it is acting in the best interest of your dog. An emergency contact number for you or someone to make these decisions on your behalf will be required. You agree to be responsible for payment of veterinary fees incurred upon your return. We do recommend that your dog is insured against sickness, accident, injury and third party liability prior to the start of the board. The booking form gives the carer authorisation to take your dog/s to the Vet’s if necessary, whilst also confirming you will either reimburse the carer or Canine & Co any fees or pay the Veterinary Surgery directly, which-ever applies.
- You agree that if your dog attacks, or is involved in a fight with, another dog (and/or person) causing injury to that dog (and /or person), you will be responsible for any losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injuries to another animal caused by your dog. We recommend but do not insist that your dog be insured against sickness, accident, or injury and for third party liability prior to boarding.
- The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred whilst the pets are in the care of Canine & Co.
Damage to the Carer’s own property
- Your dog must not be known to chew, scratch or destroy furniture or house fittings under normal circumstances. Should your dog’s behaviour become uncontrollable, destructive or unreasonable, you accept that he/she could be placed in a dog boarding kennel at your own expense until your return and will be subject to a £20.00 transfer charge.
- Any damages caused by your dog to your independent carer’s home or possessions other than reasonable wear and tear will be paid for by you directly to your dog’s carer on your return.
Your Dog’s Holiday
- You agree that if in extreme cases a dog is found to be destructive, aggressive, agitated, stressed, completely unmanageable in the home or highly anti-social your dog’s carer may refuse to board your dog for the remainder of the stay. Canine & Co will have no option but to contact you or your emergency contact. Your emergency contact will be expected to provide alternative care or arrangements will be made to kennel your dog at your cost. Every effort will be made to avoid such an event by you providing an honest account of your dogs and by having the open and frank discussion at the visit. Re-positioning of the dog concerned in an alternative home, depending on the problem, may be a possibility however this is not guaranteed. Remember we at Canine &Co do not believe in kennelling but not all dogs are suitable for home boarding.
- You agree that your dog must be fully vaccinated before any stay (copies to be supplied) or in circumstances of Homeopathic treated dogs liability accepted and all parties in agreement.
- All dogs must be treated for fleas and worms no more than two weeks prior to arrival at the carer’s home. In the event of flea infestation your dog’s carer will treat your dog at your expense. You agree that flea infestation in a carer’s home is a very serious matter and must be avoided at all stays. In the event of this happening you may be additionally charged by your dog’s independent carer for household treatment and compensation for loss of earnings following an infestation.
- You agree to deliver your dog in a clean, groomed condition. Any dog requiring regular grooming should also be provided with appropriate grooming equipment.
- You agree to provide for your dog’s carer enough food for the entire duration of your dog’s stay, any treats allowed, your dog’s own bedding, any medication required, toys, lead and any other material requirements your dog requires or items which will help your dog to settle. If insufficient food is supplied at the start of the board you agree to refund the carer costs incurred purchasing more food.
- You agree that that after 2 weeks following your stated return date you have not returned to collect your dog(s) and every attempt has been made to contact you and your emergency contact number without success then your dog(s) will be put up for re-homing.
- Canine & Co reserves the right at all times to refuse access to clients of our booking service if it is in the interest of Canine & Co or our approved carers without liability, without cause, with or without prior notice.
- You agree that your dog will socialise with other dogs and you accept the risks involved and agree that Canine & Co are not liable for any illnesses or injuries resulting during your dog’s attendance.
- Whilst we normally only take one family’s pets at any one time per carer, there are occasions such as during peak periods that we may accept more than one dog, you agree that this is acceptable to yourself. Please contact us in writing if you wish your pet to be the only dog guest along with the carers own pets.
- You recognise the risks associated with Canine & Co or it’s carer’s transporting your dog to and from the property, to a vet or on any other walks or days out and you expressively relinquish any and all claims against Canine & Co, it’s carers and representatives.
- Canine & Co approved carers are covered by business public liability insurance with care custody and control extension liability to animals. Insurance does not cover any costs that may be incurred, either veterinary or other as a result of sickness, accident or damage caused to or by any guest dog.
- It is recommended but not essential that client’s take out their own veterinary insurance and leave policy details on record.
If you need to cancel your booking for any reason, you will not receive a refund of the deposit paid
Canine & Co Carer’s Code of Practice
1. Canine & Co approved carers shall practice with integrity, responsibility and trustworthiness and shall recognise their responsibility to their clients, clients’ pets, clients’ property, and society in general.
2. The welfare of clients’ dogs shall be paramount and shall not be made subordinate to commercial consideration.
3. All Canine & Co approved carers shall maintain professional relationships with their clients and shall not exploit such relationships for improper personal, professional or financial gain, nor seek inappropriately to impose their own values on clients. Carers shall not disclose any personal or private information about their clients.
4. Canine & Co approved carers shall not unfairly or unprofessionally conduct their care in any way that would discredit the reputation of Canine & Co.
5. Canine & Co approved carers must not seek to attract or take business directly without going through the agency’s established booking system and must in the interest of our clients not board additional dogs from any other agency or independently whilst a Canine & Co client is staying without prior approval. This therefore requires carers to operate exclusively with Canine & Co and no other dog boarding/sitting organisation.
6. Canine & Co approved carers due to the exclusive booking service offered by Canine & Co and welfare of dogs staying are not be permitted to operate private paying boarding clients also.
7. Approved carers are not permitted to speak on behalf of Canine & Co in their endorsement or commercialisation of any product, service or in the event of interview or provision of information to any member of the press or other media.
8. Approved carers must not make misleading claims or statements in advertising or otherwise.
9. Canine & Co approved carers must genuinely love dogs and have experience of owning/caring for them. Approved carers must show evidence of having knowledge of basic dog training and general care for the dogs for which they are responsible.
10. All Canine & Co carers must undergo interview within their own home before approval and maybe re-visited at any time by prior appointment. Where circumstances change (e.g house move) Canine & Co will be required to re-visit the carer.
11. Approved carers should not board dogs more dogs than their licence allows. If an owner requests in writing, that they wish only their dog(s) are boarded and we have accepted this request, then except in the case of cross over (delivery and collection times over lapping) this must be adhered to.
12. Approved carers should not leave dogs unattended except for short periods only (2-3 hours) or as agreed with owners. In the case of an emergency an allocated key holder must have access.
13. Approved carers should provide clean, dry, warm, draught-free bedding space; an area for dogs to relieve themselves; food, fresh water, exercise to owners requirements and maintain the guest dogs normal routine as much as is possible.
14. Canine & Co approved carers must make contact and arrange to meet owners as soon as contact details have been supplied. It must be understood that all the clients must have booked with Head office prior to arrival of the dog. Full confirmation details of the client and dog care details will have been provided.
15. Approved carers must ensure dogs are walked according to owner’s instructions at all times i.e. on or off the lead allowances. They must ensure proper control at all times and dispose of excrement safely.
16. Approved carers may only transport dogs under their care with permission of the owner or in cases of emergency i.e. to visit a veterinary surgeon. Confirmed permission is given by the owner on completion of the booking form unless stated otherwise.
17. Approved carers must keep safe the provided records of all current dogs under their care for immediate reference i.e. contact details, feeding, exercise and veterinary details in case of emergency.
18. Approved carers must abide by all current Health and Safety legislation.
19. Approved carers must abide by all National and Local Laws and Byelaws.
20. Canine & Co reserves the right to re-visit any approved carer and if necessary to inspect their premises to ensure that the Code of Practice is being adhered to.
21. Approval will be cancelled for any breaches of the Code of Practice. In the event of cancellation, for any reason, the person concerned will have no rights to operate as an approved Canine & Co carer. Failure to comply or any active attempt to ‘poach’ existing Canine & Co clients will be met with legal action.
22. Canine & Co approved carers are required to accept and abide by this code, and to abide by and observe any other rules, regulations and pronouncements of Canine & Co.